Comic: how to choose a group of organisms to study?

If you are starting with Inat, here’s a simple way to choose what you may prefer to observe.

From https://www.birdandmoon.com/comic/study-species/

24 Likes

That is so cute! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Awesome! I’d end up at Other Amazing Arthropods ;)

1 Like

Even if I were not studying them already, it’s Fungi for me.

1 Like

And once again, animal bias in action.

The majority of user submissions are plants, yet only the underside of their leaves are worth looking at, with a lens.

4 Likes

Fungi and microorganisms for me!

1 Like

Is there a plant based version?

3 Likes

I enjoyed “underside of leaves” as these are often neglected in favor of photos of a showy flower. Sometimes the boring bottom of the leaf is also important for identification purposes! :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Bird and Moon comics are great, and she promotes iNat from time to time on her Twitter feed.

3 Likes

Hmm interesting, I ended up with butterflies and moths

2 Likes

I needed a separate option around wakefulness. Do you like early morning but willing to completely change your schedule and take new naps so you can do nocturnal insects? Still end up choosing everything. :)

4 Likes

As someone who often photographs slugs, snails, flatworms and earthworms, the “eh, needs more mucus” made me smile. I love this comic, although I am a little sad and surprised nothing about flies or Hymenoptera were included.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.