Costa Rica - iNaturalist World Tour

We’re featuring on Costa Rica on the World Tour today.

Here’s the GADM Level 1 and Level 2 places we’re using. Again, my usual questions about whether these administrative units are correct and widely used.

What can we do to get more people involved in iNaturalist within Costa Rica?

1 Like

Will be there in November for a week or two

I did a thru-hike of Parque Nacional Corcovado in April of 2019 and noticed that a lot of the guides (all superstar naturalists) took a lot of photos every day and shared them via WhatsApp groups as their own social network. Lots of ID’ing was happening back and forth. People back at basecamp had field guides open helping those in the field ID from photographs. They’re pretty much already behaving as dedicated iNaturalist users and perhaps more targeted training would nudge them to use iNat?

2 Likes

I also happened to be there right before City Nature Challenge and did mention it to folks in Puerto Jimenez. They seemed kinda interested since it lines up with their Dia de la Tierra festival. So perhaps more targeted outreach to potential organizers?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.