Create and access pinned locations in apps

Pinned locations and searching for locations with text. In addition to the beta release, we’re currently at 10% for production. Folks who want to opt into the beta program can do so at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.inaturalist.android

4 Likes

My camera was allowed to access location but when I was taking pictures using app - location in observation details was empty. To fix it - I had to add Storage Permission to INaturalist App. To do so - on my Samsung phone - press INat icon for few seconds until you see the following options: Select Items, Add to Home, Uninstall and App info. Select App info and than Permissions - ensure Location, Camera and Storage are allowed.

1 Like

Both iNat and my camera app (Cannon Camera Connect) were set to allow location “while using the app.” I have never gotten location information on iNat and have to do the “pinch swipe” repeat thing ad nauseum. Having read this thread I experimented with allowing the camera app to use location always. Still no joy. I am trying to follow some instructions to connect the location on my iPhone to the camera, but no success yet.
An easy way out could be if an observation could be tagged as “current location.” I do often pause to upsload something interesting while still at the location. This is particularly true if it is a favorite spot.