Data users— what are your use cases and requests for exporting data?

hmmm… if that method doesn’t work, you might be able to set up the exclusions in a collection project, and then export by filtering on that project.

(not applicable in this case, but it might be worth knowing for the future: there’s a similar concept where you can filter by multiple taxa from a list, but i don’t think there’s an exclusion version of this filter.)

Is there a way to download a species list of all the exant species of the world? Not just the observations but a full list of known species.

Yes, this would be great. I raised this on another thread: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/getting-number-of-photos-in-each-observation-during-data-download-export/37726

Instead of a single output field image_url, I would suggest that the following would be very useful if available in the exported CSV:
image_url_stem – the basal part of the url except for the final slug (e.g., excluding image1.jpeg)
number_of_images: how many photos
image_filenames: a list of file names separated by a pipe operator for instance (as is recommended for GBIF), e.g., image1.jpeg | image2.jpeg

For analysis or downloads of all photos, image_url_stem can be concatenated with disaggregated image_filenames easily.

This will be a very useful feature to add, I feel. Thanks.

That would be a bigger server crash than our friend Gerald.

1 Like