Dealing with low quality observations and inappropriate content on iNaturalist

Does iNat have a policy on photos exhibiting nudity?

I’m having trouble finding one either on the terms of service or the help pages, or using a search engine.

The community guidelines specifically note this (sexually explicit content) as a suspendable offense
https://www.inaturalist.org/pages/community+guidelines

Yes, but nudity is not necessarily sexually explicit (specifically not in the photo and flag I’m trying to work out what to do with). The way the community guidelines are worded:

(!) Sexually explicit content. Observations of mating non-human species are fine, but common sense should still be used.

This implies (to my reading) that this section applies to sexual acts, not nudity.

I don’t think we need to read too much into parsing what is and what is not ‘explicit’. On a website where all ages are participating, posting a picture of your bare ass (as in the flag you are dealing with) is sufficient to get suspended in my mind.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! At least knowing what to do speeds up the process and minimises the amount of time the material is on the platform.

A kappa actually has quite a few similarities to bridge trolls… ;-)

1 Like

Yeah, when I add a comment stating the identified species is not found in a state/region/country, the typical response is “well then what is it?”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.