Disappointing consistent failure: users not marking observations as cultivated

Features are not independant from each other and part of the solution for “users not marking observations as cultivated” relies in this already approved feature request: Notify observer when another user marks something in the DQA section. DQA notifications would help beginners to learn about the “Wild”/“Captive” distinction and about the DQA flags, without too much work.

I understand that @erwin_pteridophilos is tired of always explaining the same thing.
With DQA notifications, just flag the observation as “Organism is wild”/No and let the observer get the explanation.

When I was a total newbie, I posted 60 observations from a botanical trail. It is sure that all these plants are wild, despite the labels reminding a botanical garden. Someone (I still don’t know who, I would like to tell him/her) flagged them as “Organism is wild”/No and, without knowing the existence of the DQA section, I believed that some AI changed the observations status because of the labels pictures. I was disappointed because I didn’t know how to correct that, still seeing that I did not check “Was it captive / cultivated?”. Much later, I noticed the “Organism is wild” DQA flag, I checked it the other way, so that now it shows 1/1 votes and the observations are not “Casual” anymore.

7 Likes