Discrepancy in # of Results: Observations vs Identify modules

Platform (: Website

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):



Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Searching for the same taxon with the exact same search parameters returns wildly different numbers of observations between the Observations and Identify modules. In the case of taxon 61575, Observations returns the correct number AFAIK (23), whereas identify returns only 2.

Looks to me like filters are set differently. I get 23 each with:

You have “verifiable” for explore, but only “needs ID” for identify (which is the default).
If you make Identify “needs ID” and “RG” you get 23.


Ah, that makes sense. I figured it was something I was missing. I got confused because the GET queries were identical.

1 Like