Does the Ivory Billed Woodpecker still exist?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

1 Like

Should probably be a third option: Undetermined or Don’t Know. I’m very dubious it still exists based on available evidence but leave open the small possibility it might.

2 Likes

You are right added a third option.

1 Like

I vote no, with the full understanding that it is easier to prove that something exists as opposed to not existing. But considering that the last study claimed that they found a possible nesting site with their bigfoot trail cameras and no one in the study thought it would be a good idea to mosey on over with a Canon, suggests to me that they didn’t fully believe it themselves.

7 Likes

Almost certainly not, but I wish that it did still exist. The news and excitement would lead to increased habitat conservation and other good stuff.

3 Likes

Most likely not, unfortunately. I would love to be proven wrong by a rediscovery, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

2 Likes

I have a stuck feeling that it might still exist, but I’m also aware that very likely not.

@skylerdparks Welcome to the forum!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.