Don't let an observation attain Research Grade if its location is very imprecise

If you want to only see observations with certain accuracy values, see this thread for some filters you can use:
https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/create-filter-by-location-accuracy/298/6 (Kueda’s post on March 4)

I think this will serve your purposes fully depending what exactly you’re doing?

I can see some potential uses for having these filters available in a project, if that’s what you would need then maybe make a feature request for that option.

I agree with some above that is very inappropriate to be using “location inaccurate” for observations that pass some arbitrary threshold that you personally determine. Unless you have some reason to think the observation is not encompassed by the accuracy circle, you should not be using this option. Even if the accuracy is 1000 km. Marking “location inaccurate” provides zero additional information, all it does is hide the observation from other people who may want to see it despite that accuracy. I don’t see why anyone else should be making the decision for me as to what observations I think are valuable.

3 Likes