English Language Setting disappeared

The site just changed to Español (Mexico) for me and there is no option for English in the profile. Am I missing something?

1 Like

We’ll investigate the random switch, but note that the list you’re seeing is in Spanish, so you’ll have to scroll down to “Ingles”:

1 Like

@silversea_starsong do you remember what you were doing (or had just done) that precipitated this switch?

I just logged in for the first time this morning. Checked “remember me”. Nothing else recent besides what I uploaded yesterday. And thanks, I am dumb, it was indeed under what you said.

1 Like

This took place about 12 hrs ago for me only everything is in Russian and have no means of switching to English. Like James, I merely logged in. Twelve hrs later there is no change.

sorry, did not subsequent post by James, I have corrected to English. Nonetheless, this had not been precipitated by any action on my part.

This happened to me last night - but it was all in German in my case. Since I don’t read German, it took quite a while for me to figure out where to go to find the setting to change it back to English. I was already logged in, but reloaded a page that I had been open for a while. I think it was around midnight PT when I discovered it.

This should be fixed now, but please let us know if you experience it again.

Since this is a larger issue rather than the actual loss of a language setting, maybe the title can be renamed accordingly as well.

1 Like

I am having the same problem but the language is Japanese or Korean or something that I can’t read. I do not understand the solution given by @tiwane I have tried closing and opening again, rebooting my iPad. I am using Chrome.

You’ll have to go to your Account Settings page (https://www.inaturalist.org/users/edit). Then under Locale, choose English. Here’s what that looks like in Japanese, for example:

When you click on it, you should see English in the pop-up menu:

After you select English, click the blue Save button at the bottom of the page (it’s the only blue button).

1 Like

A big thank you. That worked. Still don’t understand why it happened in the first place, but all’s well that ends well, I guess.