Etiquette for ID of species with no visual differences

yep. Maybe a warning popping up in the space between the taxa and the comment box warning that microscopy is required to be able to confirm an ID. Could be a simple warning linked to a specific page for the taxa in question explaining the potential ambiguity, allowing user to comment adding references to literature etc.
I would definitely read that, as I spend a lot of time on researchgate and google scholar to find something useful - and the results of this search could be shared between iNatters!

Thanks, I am trying to understand the logic behind the Holding bin and related workflow.
Found this example which looks quite a good description (refer to the Comments section at the bottom of the page):
I wonder why this is not being used? Why for instance, once populated the Holding bin, IDs of the species binned are not prevented with a warning?
Some explanation about the logic applied to spiders here
Looks like
@bouteloua
was involved - could you please tell us why the use of Holding bin did not spread?

EDIT: reading the profile of arachnojoe looks like this problem is felt quite a bit. Same feelings as @tom_carlberg 's?

Also found this Feature request https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/ability-to-id-to-a-group-of-visually-similar-species-within-a-genus/5655 for anyone interested

1 Like