Gallformers is looking to hire (part-time) help

Hey everyone!

As I’ve posted here before, Gallformers is in need of some technical work. Thanks to our wonderful Patreon supporters, we have some money saved up to pay for that work, but I’d love to find someone from/through the iNat community to hire on a more long-term basis rather than hiring one-off contractors.

We’re also currently partnering on a grant proposal that would bring in considerably more money for that purpose over the next four years. It still wouldn’t be a full-time dev salary (closer to $25k per year) but it would be flexible and whoever we hired could work on it around other jobs.

Ideally, I’d love to hire a single person now, pay them to fix a few things with our savings, have them familiarize themselves with the site infrastructure, and then write them into the grant (NSF seems to prefer us to have a specific person in mind with known qualifications) so we can keep paying them over the next 4 years.

If you’re interested, or know anyone who might be, please get in touch!\

11 Likes

This sounds like a great project, but the iNat forum isn’t for advertising jobs, so I’ve closed and unlisted.

1 Like