Groundhog in garage?

HI, just wondering if groundhogs (?) will gather bottles? Something dug a home under the neighbor’s garage. It dug out a large amount of dirt including old coal and wood debris around a metal support (which presumably acts as a defense barrier) and then has gotten into our recycling and placed bottles around its residence (again a defense system?). We’ve always had groundhogs, but not anything this elaborate for a den. The digging is happening either late at night (past midnight) or at the crack of dawn. Any other contenders for this behavior? It’s really smart.groundhog1
groundhog 2

2 Likes

if not groundhog, maybe skunk or raccoon. sprinkle some powder (ex. flour) in front of the entrance and see what kind of tracks you get in the morning.

5 Likes

Great idea. Thanks!

When something that seems inexplicable happens where raccoons occur, it is usually raccoons doing it.

9 Likes

yes I agree

2 Likes

:rofl: I suggested gnomes to my brother, but he isn’t buying it. Raccoons are probably more believable. I’ve never seen a fort of bottles before.

2 Likes

Racoons are just gnomes in disguise.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.