If we were to make a project that’s essentially a Hall of Fame of the most historic and significant individual observations on iNaturalist, which ones should be included for posterity’s sake?
I can think of a few ideas but any suggestions would be appreciated (also if anybody can find out which observations these are)
- The very first observation ever uploaded to iNaturalist
- The 1,000,000th observation uploaded to iNaturalist
- The 1,000,000,000th observation uploaded to iNaturalist (future)
- The very first observation of the first City Nature Challenge
- The 100th (or 1000th, either way works) iNat Observation of the Day
- Gerald, obviously. What better to capture the spirit of the community?
- On that note, this one probably deserves a spot as well
- The first non-Gerald observation to pass 100 Favorites
- Oldest observation by date observed (although I suppose this can change if somebody adds something older at a future time)