Hey Sam, you are featured in my college Bio II class!

@sambiology inaturalist is incorporated into my college course this semester and your video is used as the introduction to inat! As soon as I saw your name I was like, “I know that guy! He helps me ID stuff!!!” :joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW1VaJyyfCc&feature=emb_logo

I am so excited right now. This will be a fun semester. Categorizing forms of life seems like it will be a focus, so hopefully it will make me much better at IDing unfamiliar stuff.

27 Likes

That’s awesome!

I feel like this would have fit better in a private message though

3 Likes

Awesome! And who can better introduce iNat than the legendary Sam. Happy iNat-ing!

4 Likes

I thought others might be interested in the topic as well.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated! A good example of the sense of community that iNaturalist helps build. Helps brings students, instructors, and enthusiasts together into a learning community that also documents the diversity of life on the planet. :heart:

7 Likes

Ha, I saw that project pop up in January and realized Dr. Rineer scooped me again. ;) I was playing with iNat for some of my RES students before the pandemic…I may yet roll it out for BIO 151 this semester, but I need to make a good keying exercise.

4 Likes

Haha! Beautiful! It’s one of my favorite parts of iNaturalist – it’s a social network and community of nature enthusiasts. Not only do I engage with nature when I use iNat, but I also engage with the community.

Let me know if you want me to sign any of your observations. ;)

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.