Highly observed creatures you always (or always have) not observed

I spend a lot of time in the American Northeast. I’ve tried to find a black bear in the wild, but never have. Lots of bear poo and tracks, but no yogi’s themselves.

2 Likes

Ischnura senegalensis, a widespread and common damselfly. But apparently never occurs near lakes or ponds that i have visited.

2 Likes

Got Dollar Sunfish! YES!

1 Like

Probably, they may not come down as far south this winter due to the milder temperatures, too. I’ve seen a few, often tagging along with robin flocks.

1 Like

People see grey and red foxes here, esp. on golf courses, it seems. Not me. I’ve only seen a grey fox once, A friend and I were hiking in the foothills and stopped to sit on a bench a few yards off the trail. As we rested, a grey fox went trotting by :smiley:. It glanced at us and trotted along up the trail and into a forested area. It was thrilling, but I did not have my camera out and missed the chance.:pensive:

Phidippus audax. The most commonly observed Jumping Spider in Texas. Even my mom remembers seeing them. My sister too! And I’m still yet to find a single one. Others include Anasaitis canosa, Plexippus paykulli, and Menemerus bivittatus.

ah, yes, the ALTAS MOTH!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.