Housekeeping advice

Hello! I hope a quick question: I have run into two of my own observations that both turned out to be ‘human’, after some back and forth with other members in the community. Now that we’ve all agreed that this is indeed, ‘human’ and marked as such: Do I keep or delete? Thanks.

2 Likes

welcome. i would keep the observations. at least one of them has significant contribution by another member explaining what’s going on. so it would be sad for all that to just disappear. (one of the few things that annoys me when using iNaturalist is when i take time to identify or comment on another person’s observation and then find that the observation has been deleted later.)

6 Likes

they are technically permitted even if it’s obviously a human if you keep such observations few and far between. If it was not obvious that the organism in question was human, to the point there was discussion, that might be valuable and interesting.

6 Likes

Thank you. I’ll keep them unless I hear differently.

1 Like

No reason to delete, no reason to keep. It’s a pretty neutral situation.

Edit: Although some would say that deleting is bad, I personally don’t think that obs of Homo sapiens are necessary, but there’s no policy on it.

2 Likes

As stated above, it is your choice whether to keep or delete it. The question is whether such observation is useful to anybody in any way to occupy the storage space. But it is entirely for you to decide.

2 Likes

then I would keep that obs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.