How many followers do you have on iNat?

Not a troll, but a mentor (if you are ‘oddly proud’) ?

1 Like

No, certainly no trolling going on here. It’s another case where I’ve given permission to use my pictures and connected to two efforts in my state to make plant IDs even easier in the future. One is updating the native plant society’s gallery with pictures for every species native to the state, and the other is a major update coming on the FloraQuest app. I may be tempted to get a cell phone to take on field trips just for that app once the new version comes out.

1 Like

We have 6 followers, 2 of whom we know irl (in real life). We have made 3412 observations. Two of the others who follow us are in our general region of the world. One is from our country but nowhere near us. And one is from across the world. All are still active on iNat. We don’t know why they follow us, but we do not mind.

We follow 1 person because we are interested in what this person sees.

If we want to see interesting observations, we contribute to identifying others’ observations (often unknowns), rather than follow someone.

3 Likes

(speaking as a queer female). If someone is creepy I have no issue reporting and blocking, this has only occurred in messages or at real life meetup events (speaking for social media as whole); I don’t pay attention to who follows me here to me it has no bearing on someone’s creep level. Now if you follow someone, comment every single upload, send messages like “noticed you haven’t uploaded in a few days?” or make comments about “you must be near (area) with so many of your uploads being from that (great park nearby)”…y’know, things people recognize as obsessing/stalkery, that would be an issue. I think most people understand such “lines” and when they are crossed.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.