How many images can be submitted to an observation/video observations?

I couldn’t find this in the FAQ anywhere, so I apologize if it has been asked before. How many images can you attach to an observation? I recently uploaded an observation of a jumping spider that hung out with me for a good 15 minutes, so I was able to get a lot of really nice, detailed shots. I couldn’t choose which I liked best so all of the clear pics I uploaded, it ended up being about 14 pictures. Is there a limit?

Also, will there be support for video observations at any time? I know that those will likely be way more difficult to deal with and take more bandwidth, but it could be interesting.

1 Like

As far as I know, there is no limit to the number of photos. I’ve seen observations with well over 14(normally by accident when someone attaches their entire camera roll to an observation they create on the mobile app).

The site has been pretty consistent in the past about not being interested in allowing video uploads, but I can’t claim to speak for them, just repeating how they have answered in the past.

2 Likes

No, they’ve expressed interest in including video, it’s just a big task.

1 Like

Oh wow, I hope I never accidentally attach my camera roll, that’d be ~500 pictures lol! The lack of limit good to know. I always think more is better when it comes to observation images anyway, and if a creature wants to pose for me, who am I to say no! :)

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/31100135 There were even more but this seemed like plenty.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.