If not sure, is it better to try and be specific with i.d or leave it vague?

If a request asking said user to stop serially agreeing with your initial IDs hadn’t worked, what about these alternatives?

If you withdraw your ID and theirs is the only one present, it would knock it out of RG. If a 3rd identifier asks why you withdrew the ID, mention that you don’t have high confidence in serial agreer’s identifications?

A more direct option may be to remark each new initial observation ID with “Please ignore @username’s concurring ID”, which should discourage said user from agreeing in the first place.

It’s better to do this in the initial ID than in notes because on some platforms (the Android app) it shows the IDs first and looking at notes takes extra clicking, so can easily be missed.

2 Likes

Or click on “can be improved>yes”.

4 Likes

Thanks! I haven’t asked the person to stop because CONFRONTATION, ugh, but it’s that or block.

1 Like

Given that we can block three, it seems this would be your One.

Thank you all for your responses. They have helped me better understand how to post more responsible IDs.

3 Likes

A new topic that may be relevant before blocking the user: User Blocked Me For Unknown Reasons, Which Interferes With Curation.

2 Likes

I think you accidentally clicked on the wrong thread to answer the question. (My thread is about identifying things when we are unsure about them).

1 Like

Sorry, I was replying to this comment in the current thread, though it’s a bit off topic from the main question.

1 Like

No worries at all. I should have written to the first commenter to let them know they were replying about a different thread, but I thought it was no big deal, just when I got another comment today I thought I should probably redirect comments as the person who asked the question may miss out on your answers. I am sorry for singling you out with your follow up comment today - I will redirect the others as well.

1 Like

Hi Russell,

Looks like you’ve accidentally commented on a different thread.

You may want to rewrite your comment on the correct thread so the person asking the question doesn’t miss out on your response.

Kind regards,
Michelle.

Hi Marina,

You may want to rewrite your comment on the correct thread so the person asking the question doesn’t miss out on your response.

Kind regards,
Michelle.

Hi J,

Kind regards,
Michelle.

Hi Diana,

Kind regards,
Michelle.

M, no, we all commented here with answers on specific messages.

1 Like

I see that, but I mean the question I posted was whether I leave an ID vague if I am unsure of it. (Some one else accidentally posted a response to a different question in the wrong thread). I am just wondering whether the person who posted about blocking users will miss out on the information since it was not posted in their thread.

Yes, but there’s a message that both contained an answer to your topic and some more info and theme wandered off a little bit, but people are notified of responses no matter where they post their message, so they won’t miss out. If you wish you can ask a moderator to close the topic if you think you got your answer so people will discuss other things somewhere else.

2 Likes

That’s good to know. As long as they got their response, I don’t mind if discussion on a different topic continues in this thread.

1 Like

No, I have control of my own faculties and I know which comment I replied to.

No - if you scroll back. Mine was a reply to the previous comment, within this thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.