If you could be any organism besides a human, what would it be?

Welcome to the forum @grimdarkroxy! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :D

I think a springtail or a Moorhen flea because I like the idea of being able to jump really far and Moorhen fleas are found on birds’ bodies, so I’d be able to experience flight from between the feathers. Idk why I’m surprised there aren’t any observations on iNaturalist of the moorhen flea.

I would want to be an African Lion!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hmmmm…… hummingbird! Eat sweets all day and mad, mad flying skills.

3 Likes

hmmm, let me think about it besides humans, by seeing the efforts of humans I find out that humans are not doing enough to prevent climate change. So there are much more chances of humans getting extinct and I don’t wanna get extinct, and I know Cockroach will surely survive this mass extinction so I will be a cockroach. If I become one

2 Likes

Cockroaches as a taxon may survive the next mass extinction. Individuals live, at best, a few years. Unless you think the radiation will make you the “Immortal Cockroach” ™. :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s rather Kafkaesque… :grinning:

1 Like

:laughing: yes it is

1 Like

An eagle of some sort so i could fly around without someone trying to eat me. Or maybe a raven. If i am an eagle am i stuck with an eagle brain? I think ravens have more fun with life than eagles.

8 Likes

I really like the sea… so maybe some sea creature?

2 Likes

A bird. No brainer. Probably a crow for intelligence and lifespan, but if I can retain my human lifespan and conscience (plus maybe intelligence too), there would be a few other options I’d consider.
If I can go fantasy I’ll just invent my own bird-like species and give it immortality and a bunch of other over-the-top traits. But I guess that takes most of the fun away.
If I were given a choice on if I wanted to go through with it or not the only deal-breaker would be if I couldn’t retain the good human traits listed above. I don’t know if it’d be worth becoming a crow if it meant I only had 10 years max to live! (in the wild)

1 Like

I get that we all think flies are annoying but what if we were the fly annoying the human? They look like they have so much fun! Never mind actually, we would get swatted…

I think I would just rather be a beetle. I think they look like they act as if they have life easy.

2 Likes

Mosquito are annoying at very different level

3 Likes

It is fortunate we don’t get the where I live then. I can’t even put up with flies!

2 Likes

Oh, so you don’t have them? I thought North of Europe is the best place to find them in big masses (best because there’re not so many diseases as in Africa or Asia and still thousands of them everywhere), do you know why is it so? I spent quite some time today looking at Shetland and there’re many lakes that would scream for me “mosquitoes!” if not your words.

3 Likes

I sometimes wonder this too. I have no idea why we don’t get them here. Perhaps its because we are so remote? However it is a wonder that they didn’t come across one of few glaciers that came here during the ice age if that is the case.

2 Likes

An organism for all climates, all places, and cute: asexually reproducing species of Tardigrada
https://www.livescience.com/57985-tardigrade-facts.html
http://tardigrades.bio.unc.edu/

3 Likes