iNat Milestones

I really enjoy reading this thread! So many cool milestones… and shares. I also found a few neat links in here like that little tool that told me tomorrow is my 3000th day on iNat!! I guess I have a milestone to celebrate after all! :scream_cat:

Like so many others, I too keep a backyard list going and have hit 1150 species at the house. A couple of years ago, I set a goal to try and make one observation a day and I recently crossed over the 1000 day point of doing just that… not every observation meets the qualifications for an official streak, so it’s an unofficial milestone. lol

Thanks for sharing everyone!

ps. Here are a couple of neat links I discovered browsing here for streaks and stats.

14 Likes

I hit 5,000 observations last night! Still not done with that backlog so I should get a few hundred more out of it.

11 Likes

I now have 8,000 observations. #8000 being an Osprey
os

21 Likes

I just hit the same milestone… my 8000th is a Bromelicaidae from an amazing hike through fairytail-land last sunday :-) (probably Tillandsia biflora, but I let the plant experts decide, as plants are not my strongsuit)

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/140524185

11 Likes

Just hit another small milestone… 10 iNat-firsts for Colombia with the recent new addition of Aeneolamia flavilatera, which was the second on iNat in total … the firsts are the number I love the most actually… love seeing the little red dots popping up on the map

https://www.inaturalist.org/lists/4348609-Colombia-Firsts

Edit… uff, already outdated… new one just IDed is Condylostylus sipho

9 Likes

almost certain to hit 10k observations this weekend; hoping to get up to Hagerman NWR but even if I don’t I’m going to the greenbelt by my house or by our favorite restaurant. but probably won’t hit 10k ID’s this year. I’m at 8k but man there’s so many herps to go through and I’m only really good at slices of them

10 Likes

Congrats on 10k obs :heart:

If you can’t find herps you can ID, you could help out with the high level sorting. Check out the Identi-Friday thread for things you can help out with.

5 Likes

Just hit 65k (with casuals, but will be only veryfiable when I’m done uploading), it’s also a big leap from the last year totals, already +2k observations to what I observed in 2021, still a lot to go to catch with top observers this year.

10 Likes

Screenshot 2022-11-11 3.13.32 PM

What should my 70000th ID be on?

12 Likes

a bug

4 Likes

or a guy :-D

5 Likes

or a mallard? It’s been a great milestone so far, so why not twice?

3 Likes

I don’t have the number, but I just finished adding all my old BAMONA moth obs to iNat. I’ve only been using iNat for a couple of years and previously uploaded everything to BAMONA. It feels like a milestone to get that done! And, what a learning experience to review all those moths.

9 Likes

@hedgehog111 @Ajott

So this?
https://inaturalist.ca/observations/13810237

5 Likes

:ok_hand: perfect

2 Likes

I just managed to upload 2000 observations (in terms of iNat it is my most busy year so far :-) ) and also cracked the 700 species for 2022. I don´t expect much more to come this year on the observer part… maybe another milestone for the ider-section

milestone

16 Likes

I just realized that yesterday was my fourth anniversary of joining iNaturalist. In those four years, I’ve made almost 35,000 observations of 3,556 species. I’ve made a little over 88,000 identifications. Once, I’ve even added an observation that turned out to be the first of that species on iNat.

I am so happy that iNaturalist exists and I found it!

16 Likes

That are pretty amazing numbers! I will for sure not have that many observations on my 4 year anniversary (in about 1 year and a bit), but I will aim for the species count :-)

2 Likes

thats amazing lmao, maybe you should have made it Rick Astley’s face :laughing:

2 Likes

made it to 1k total! only about 200 away from 1k wild.

8 Likes