iNat Milestones

2000 observations. Not for long though.

9 Likes

A whole batch of base-10 milestones to share :grinning:

Totals:
2,000 iNat species (and 7,500 observations sometime this week)
600 people who have helped me with identifications
120,000 identifications

For my pollinator garden (mostly iNat data with some minor adjustments):

• 200 moth species (compared to only 26 butterflies)
  • 200 Hymenoptera
  • 100 Diptera
  • 100 Coleoptera
  • 100 Hemiptera
11 Likes

Shoutout to @brian_d aka @bdagley for 200,000 identifications. He’s one of the most active Hymenoptera identifiers on this site.

14 Likes

Today marks the 1-year anniversary of me joining iNaturalist!

Screenshot 2022-10-03 4.47.36 PM

I may write a journal entry reflecting on the past year if I have time.

17 Likes

60000th ID!
Screenshot 2022-10-07 12.26.02 AM

17 Likes

Any updates on this harebell complex split? I stumbled on the fact that this was happening as I was researching species in my area. I thought this was still being debated. Is it settled now?

Crossed 5000 IDs today! Mostly unknowns.

10 Likes

The split is official according to iNat, it just hasn’t been committed yet.

1 Like

Maybe not a big milestone compared to some on here, but I topped 100 observations with tonight’s uploads. :smiley:

17 Likes

Congratulations! :)

1 Like

Hooray! Now you are seriously hooked!

2 Likes

I recently added a third county in my state for ID review, mostly for classifying unknowns and plant ID and have only recently passed 3000 IDs. I’m also very happy with my ID to observation ratio which is just about 5:1.

9 Likes

Nice! What countries are in radius for IDing?

1 Like

Are we going to party when I reach 100,000 IDs? Just kidding.

7 Likes

California, US: Orange, Riverside, and Los Angeles Counties. There’s plenty of overlap since they’re all part of the California Floristic Province, but there’s a practical limit to how many new observations/day a person can look through.

3 Likes

Oh yes, I remember you mentioning that in the ‘Needs ID’ pile, and identifications thread. Nice to you see you follow through with it!

2 Likes

Absolutely! That’s a perfectly good reason to party. And you don’t have far to go!

1 Like

Just hit 80,000 identifications. On to 100,000!

12 Likes

trailing behind you at 70K …

4 Likes

Two weeks ago, I reached two personal milestones back-to-back on consecutive days:
6000 species worldwide and 4000 for the city of Vienna - so 2/3 of my total score found within a radius of about 20km (12.5mi).

Coincidentally, at around the same time, the magical mark of 100,000 observations has been surpassed for Vienna - for which I contributed ~12%

13 Likes