iNaturalist app login

The iNaturalist app says your password has changed(it did not) Enter your new password here: Enter password box
I have not been on for quite a bit so does iNat log you out and that’s it’s way of telling you?

Platform: Android

App version number: 1.20.30

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/): I don’t have one at the time next time it pops up I will take one and put it here

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): not even sure what is wrong!

Hi @inaturalistuser123456219191, can you provide some more details? I added the questions from the bug report template above.

2 Likes

I filled what I could out!

Here is a photo!

Just added a comment to keep this report open as it still does this when I did not change my password at all.

Has anyone else experienced this? We haven’t gotten any reports at help@inaturalist.org. @inaturalistuser123456219191 if you feel comfortable doing so, can you please email help@inaturalist.org with your iNaturalist username? Sometimes it helps us if we know what specific account to look into.

1 Like

Okay! Do I need to give them the photo and stuff too or can I just link to this page?

My android app works fine.

2 Likes

This pop-up every time I have not login to my account in 3 days. (I think 3 days)

1 Like

Did you send an email help@inaturalist.org with your actual username? I haven’t seen any emails there regarding this bug. You can just include a link to this thread.

2 Likes

Yes. I just sent it. I see you are am iNaturalist staff? Can you see it? Also, when I made my account I thought this was iNaturalist.org. I don’t have one and I only have the one email :(

1 Like

I reinstalled the app but the bugs are still there.

1 Like

This happened to me this morning. I deleted the Android app (updated yesterday), reinstalled it and the regular login screen appeared. I sent a screenshot (same as the one above posted by another user) to iNat help.

2 Likes

Tony is the account owner of help@inaturalist.org, so he answers all of the emails sent there. Due to that, it might take a while for your email to get a response, as there are many sent each day.

3 Likes

@inaturalistuser123456219191 apparently received my email the other week about deleting and reinstalling but replied here rather than via email, it seems. What we need are log files from the app after you see this error. To send log files, go to the About tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.

2 Likes

@tiwane , I would send you the log files but, unfortunately, I deleted the app and then reinstalled it since I didn’t trust the app with the odd login screen.

2 Likes

Yeah, no worries. If it happens again though, please do send us logs!

2 Likes

If this may be of use, I am using the app version 3.0.6 build 610 on iPhone, and I so far have not encountered any login issues.

1 Like

This should only affect Android users, but thanks! I’ll add an Android tag this topic.

Still going on!