iNaturalist Brand Refresh

I suppose rebranding is kind of fun every now and then but it’s really not that important. I doubt it will lead to significant changes in use of iNat. There are many more significant things to get excited or irritated about.

7 Likes

I find the tab icon for iNat and iNat Forum now too similar. It was easier to distinguish the two when iNat was a leaf. You really have to squint to see the difference: seems the forum tab has a little halo or something above the bird.

5 Likes

i think it is meant to be a talk bubble, but it’s too small to see that.

5 Likes

I like this a lot, and I’m someone who tends to be resistant to change in logos. Not only do you keep in the spirit of the original logo (so the branding stays consistent) but I also find the new bird more aesthetically pleasing, more natural looking, and more friendly.

The new typeface looks more modern, makes the logo clearer, and looks more consistent with the look-and-feel of the website as a whole.

Yay!

6 Likes

@abhasm made a new one with a white background. it’s looking a lot better to me, I was having the same issue.

6 Likes

great, that helps a lot. thanks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.