Is there a way to share coordinates

Frequently I run into a situation where what I found is either auto obscured or I want to obscure it, but I would like to let someone else know where it is. Is there a way share coordinates with some on the observation?

Two options I can think of

1. a traditional project where you trust the coordinates with other people that you approve as curators
  2. share a screenshot/copy paste the actual gps
2 Likes

For users that you follow, you can ‘trust’ them with your hidden coordinates

7 Likes

Ah, I didn’t know about that. I’ll check that out.

As @egordon88 and @thebeachcomber said, the way to do it is by projects or trusting people with hidden coordinates. However, please be careful with that as there is a chance someone you trust with hidden coordinates may use those coordinates for poaching, telling others the location, abusing the coordinates, etc.

2 Likes

Additionally, if someone has commented or suggested an ID on an observation of yours, there’s a shortcut to trust them with (all) of your hidden observations there as well-- click on the little down-arrow in the top right corner. It also lets you turn the setting off, if you need that at a later date.

It has the same effect as adding them to your trusted list, but is usually far faster.

If you don’t want to let someone see everything, I would guess that copying/pasting GPS coordinates into a message that also has the links for the corresponding coordinates would be easiest.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.