Missing "community" members in iNaturalist

Website - Chrome.

A member of the iNat community has made over 2000 authoritative IDs that have been very helpful to me and others. They have a profile on iNaturalist, but if you search for them in the “community,” they do not come up. I believe this is because this person has made 0 observations. I hope that we can have the “community” listing include those members who have only contributed by making IDs. They shouldn’t be left out. Thanks!

4 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re referring to. There is not a list of all active users on the People page, only a list of active Curators.

I think this is working as designed, that you have to have made at least one (?) observation to be removed from the “potential spam user” list. Also, any curator can manually them as not a spammer.

3 Likes

Sorry to be unclear. I meant on my dashboard page, the “Community” tab, under “People.” Apparently the person has to make at least one observation to be listed. I’ll encourage them to do that!

1 Like

Do you mean the recently active list? Or the leaderboard for identifications?

@zdanko:

https://www.inaturalist.org/people upper right (same as the main header search, Users tab)

1 Like

Yeah, exactly, that’s the search they don’t show up in. But now I understand why, thanks.

Ahhh, thank you. I forgot that a search existed there.