Neurodiversity and iNaturalist!

I think this additionally lends itself to naturalizing folks, as the curiosity-driven observing of detail requires constant correction for assumptions, mind-opening and generally speaking, I find it hard to “believe in” empiricism and embody the spirit scientific inquiry then compartmentalize and deny societal or personal criticisms in the same pattern of questioning (often of internal origin in my own mind) when the facts lay bare in front of me. Sort of constantly, “Hello, why are you people not seeing this and freaking out too!!!???” in my head.

I have a compulsion to ask difficult ethical questions and wade into unknown philosophical territory and enjoy the discomfort and stimulation of emotional and intellectual growth so going about life ignoring what I see as realities of horrid proportions in the society I live in (U.S.) or censoring myself constantly by not discussing taboo subjects or challenging people beyond weather forecasts is untenable. I don’t do well with double standards and I explain it to people in the decidedly scientific language: hypocrisy and double standards and cruelty make my brain explode! Again, why the orderly and stimulating and meaningful iNaturalist experience is a soothing balm to my chapped and exhausted brain spaces.

I also consider finding loud, fun and expressive technical and practical outdoor gear a personal success story (only appropriate when camouflage is not necessary) because I like to be cheered and comfortable!

I’d def like to see an “I’m a NeuroNaturalist!” and Pride T-shirts in my dream iNat store

9 Likes