Observation at research grade for infraspecific taxon but only has one ID at that level

This observation is at research grade for Platanthera dilatata var. dilatata with only one ID at the variety level. https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/29428818#activity_identification_63962523

The name at top left (next to the RG tag) is the current “Leading” ID - Platanthera dilatata var. dilatata. The community taxon at middle right is Platanthera dilatata as it should be, and I believe that is what actually gets shared with GBIF for RG observations. A bit confusing there for sure!

Why doesn’t it show up like the if the IDs are swapped, IE? I had added the variety level ID after the species level ID. Or does it and I just haven’t noticed? :joy:

You could try deleting (not just withdrawing) and then re-adding your variety-level ID, and see what if anything might change with the new sequence.

Also note that a user (probably in response to this this topic) has voted Yes to “Based on the evidence, can the Community Taxon still be confirmed or improved?” at bottom. This puts it back in the Needs ID pile to see if anyone will confirm the variety-level ID. Note that if and when this happens, someone will still need to downvote this question again before Research Grade will be restored.

Ok, thanks!!