Option to Automatically Withdraw IDs on Observations

I saw a new account going through observations and adding random ids, likely such accounts are banned pretty quickly, but ids stay.

3 Likes

Thank you. I just donā€™t understand the behaviour.

Maybe treating iNat as just one more social media, computer game, shiny new must have, next. Without knowing or caring the trail of damage they leave for us.

3 Likes

Is somewhere an overview of notifications? If I have many I cannot find all back?

1 Like

Well, your dashboard has all of them, but yes, itā€™s much easier to open them from notifiation tab.

I work back down my dashboard. 97 waiting now ā€¦ Iā€™m off to work.

I would suggest trying these two things first:

(1) set your account settings so that you get notifications of refinements and disagreements only; and

(2) use @pisumā€™s notification creation so that your notifications donā€™t disappear until you want them to: https://jumear.github.io/stirfry/iNat_observations_updates.html

2 Likes

Not that I can remember. The closest scenario to that I can think of is students doing it to each other (usually in the same school project), or the same 2 - 3 people.

1 Like

Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t understand your argument of how having the option of doing this would cut into other peopleā€™s time? If itā€™s something Iā€™m confident of then I could say so or set it up so, and if Iā€™m not then I wouldnā€™t.

Iā€™m only able to use internet once a month during my regular job, not to say my time is more valuable than yours or anyone elseā€™s, itā€™s certainly not, but I get a few impatient individuals in my notifications. If anything it would save time.

2 Likes

Those impatient notifications, might be people like me, on iNat every day. You will have a very different workflow on Nat to me. I was guilty of blissfully ignoring all notifications on iNat for the first year or so ā€¦ till I realised I needed to look for comments and questions there.

3 Likes