Orthophana spinota

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): iNaturalist website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): n/a

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=97395&subview=map&taxon_id=56579&view=species

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): This species still shows up in Issidae when using 'Explore - Issidae-Asia", even though the taxonomic classification shows correctly that it is in Nogodinidae. It does not show up if exploring Nogodinidae.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

2 Likes

Not sure what the issue is (though I can verify it) but, just to clarify it looks like you mean “Orthophana spinata”, correct?

Also, noting that @LesDay flagged this taxon on iNat and was instructed to submit a bug report here.

@cthawley , sorry, a typo, I do mean Orthophana spinata. I am not sure I can explain it in other way. The species shows up, when using ‘Explore’, in Issidae which is incorrect, it should be Nogodinidae.

Hi @LesDay, yes, my comment that “not sure what issue is” was meant to mean that I personally don’t know what the cause it, but I do indeed see what you are talking about as a problem and can verify that it looks like the system is behaving incorrectly to me as well!

1 Like

Added to my weekly report.

Looks like for whatever reason these observations were not reindexed after taxon change was made. I forced a reindex of the two observations (by voting No to something in the DQA then removing that vote) and they’re appearing in the right searches now. As for the cause, we can’t really say.

Thank you. Yes, I had noticed that they were now in the right place.