Well, I read here and there that there are different views on the matter, couldn’t find anything around so I thought: let’s make it a poll then!
Do you feel that an accurate identification is valuable? and why?
I have started listing the reasons which come to my mind, but feel free to add more in the comments, I’ll add them to the list.
Enjoy and participate!
- Allows to track a species across seasons (e.g. larva, adult …)
- Entry point for my investigation on what can be magic of that species
- helps to see how beings interact (e.g. predators/preys) in time scale
- because searching is a way of learning more to me
- let me understand what I can find around and when
- I am pushed to get it but I wouldn’t care much
- Nothing specific
Additional points on ballot: (just comment in a reply below the letter to cast your vote, up to you to cast 3 votes total only please)
A) Support of scientific research (5 votes)
B) accurate naturalist travel diary (3votes)
C) validation of snap Identifications (1vote)
Apologies for not including from start
rules of the game 3 options selectable, anonymous input (alas, those last two items…)