Postion accuracy = NA

irrelevant to the question

I get thatā€¦ however, would for me personally actually be another reason to not be too specificā€¦ I am rarely witin a 10m range with my locations. You might have good intentions and be reasonable when visiting those sites of interesting organismsā€¦ others might not. Might be me coming originally from an angle of photography in which ā€œorganism-tourismā€ is unfortunately a thing that can be quite disturbing for nature.
For most research question concerning range and distribution a radius much wider is sufficient. For more specific questions researcher might want to get in contact (as has happened)

1 Like

I get that too, and fully support (and sometimes use) the obscuration functionality on iNaturalist, and also the trust functionality to unobscure for specific users. I always ask myself first, is public availability of this exact location likely to be a threat to the species or the habitat? For most things and places I photograph, the answer is no, but I do obscure the exceptions (if they are not already set up to automatically obscure).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.