Proper Use of Place Checklist + Place Project Questions

It definitely sounds like making a project will be helpful - people are not going to want to find and interact with places and checklists for the most part as they are clunky/confusing.

Wonderful, thank you so much! I’ll work on getting it set up, then.

Also, @jwidness :

To be honest, place pages are kind of hidden, but so are projects. For example, the apps let you see “projects nearby”, but the list is only Traditional Projects, not Collection projects, so I don’t think many people find new projects to join this way. If you want people to contribute, I would suggest looking at the section for “Ideas for Project Outreach ” on the managing projects page.

In terms of which project type, I would definitely suggest Collection over Traditional. (If you really want your project to show up in nearby projects on the app, you can start as Traditional and immediately convert.)

I will review that page again and try to figure out what I’ll do for outreach. Looking at the projects again with a more clear idea of what I want to use them for, I think I’ll start out like you recommend - making a traditional project but then immediately converting it to a collection project - but might ultimately make an umbrella project and some other side projects for things like species that more data about establishment and occurrence is needed for.

1 Like