Questions on Trust Level requirements

Hello, Forum users! I wanted to thank the iNaturalist community for giving me Trust Level 2. However, when I checked the Discourse Trust Level Requirements, I saw that I did not reach them.

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

This will be my sixteenth topic posted, and I have visited for only seven days. Do denied Forum features requests count toward that number? I just want to make sure that I legitimately earned it. I admit that I became overzealous (I need to use that word more) with using the Forum. Obviously, because of this, it has begun to affect my studies. The iNaturalist Forum Community is a great one, and I wish I found it earlier. I hope I can continue to use the forum and iNaturalist to their fullest potential in the near future.

2 Likes

study! we will be here when you get back! ;)

5 Likes

Thanks! The blinking face is worrying me, though. :anguished: (JK)

I have a trust level? And a Forum profile different from my regular iNaturalist profile? I didn’t know. How do I find these things?

By clicking on your photo in the upper right, anyway here is the link to your forum profile.

According to your profile, you have a trust level of 2: Member

3 Likes

Here are the requirements for this forum, the yellow ones are ones that we’ve changed from Discourse’s defaults.

4 Likes

I had clicked on that photo and just gotten the usual list of notifications. It didn’t seem to work. Turns out I was ignoring that little row of symbols across the top. It’s obvious now, but I didn’t know. Thanks, @nicolasr !

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, why are you aiming for a specific trust level? Want to post more the 5 photos in a big report or something?

No shame, btw, just curious.

1 Like

You can also edit your forum profile to provide a link over to your iNat profile.

1 Like

I just wanted to make sure that I legitimately earned it.

I never thought about doing that until now. Hmmmm…

1 Like