Splitting Tiarella cordifolia is premature

I do not concur with this change. I believe it is premature. The split has not yet been accepted by Flora of North America. It has not yet been accepted by the Integrated Taxonomic Information System. It has not yet been accepted by the New York Flora Atlas. Until these organizations accept the proposed change, a consensus does not exist. I strongly suggest that iNaturalist wait until those organizations accept the proposal before making this change.


That is a question to discuss in a flag, not forum. Add one if there’s none yet.

Sorry, but I am new to the forum. How do I discuss something in a flag? Pleas advise.

Curation happens via iNat, not the forum
You go to the taxa: https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/53789-Tiarella-cordifolia
and then click the “curation” drop down which is on the right of “similar species”
click the “flag for curation”

Edit: seems to be the same change that sparked someone making this thread? https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/please-dont-change-common-names-when-you-change-scientific-names


Yes, this is something that should be discussed on iNat so I’m going to close this thread.

For some background, check out iNat’s Taxonomic Policies here.

1 Like