Sprayed by a skunk

Yeah, the time I let the dogs out of the car after an evening run and the hyperactive retriever got on what I assumed was a cat or squirrel scent around the bird feeder between the car and the front door of the house. He got nailed from about a foot away. The other dog and I weren’t as bad but we still reeked and the whole front yard smelled for days.

1 Like

A certain relative of mine, now retired, was a lawyer. He had to travel from his rural home to the supreme court of Ontario for a court case. The night before, the dog had chased a skunk into the garage and the skunk had sprayed not only the dog, but also the car. Said relative had to drive to Toronto in the skunkmobile. Not only did the clothes he was wearing end up smelling like skunk, but so did his legal robe and wig.

I did ask him afterwards whether he won the case and he said he did!

4 Likes

Not unless you’re eating it :slightly_smiling_face: … Just kidding but “poisonous” refers to ingesting toxic substances.

And skunks would certainly qualify, right?

@je9h Not unless you’re eating it :slightly_smiling_face: … Just kidding but “poisonous” refers to ingesting toxic substances.

I’m sure you could find ~someone~ to claim it tastes like chicken.

1 Like

No doubt. :roll_eyes:

I actually own a number of cookbooks from the mid-20th century that have recipes for skunk. They do not say that it tastes like chicken. It is apparently gamier.

1 Like

This is crazy…:sweat_smile:

I’d rather not harm a skunk, though if it was already cooked, I’d be interested in trying it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.