Unflagging observations as Casual?

I skimmed the forum and didn’t see a post addressing this, but apologies for any redundancy – new to iNaturalist.

I’ve been finding a lot of window collisions in NYC and uploaded about half a dozen this morning. There are photos, locations, dates/times. But I did the date/time in batches, because literally I saw them all at just about the same time (e.g. three birds stunned/dead next to one facade). I think this sameness of date/time is why iNaturalist has flagged them as casual, but I’m not seeing a way to correct it. I tried tweaking the time so as to be different, but the observation still stays Casual. Is there something I’m missing? (Here’s an example: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/45598064) Thank you!

1 Like

Someone has mistakenly marked your record as “not wild” hence the Casual status. I and others can mark it as Wild and that should fix it.

4 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

It looks like you’ve marked it as captive/cultivated, so if you update that it should be “needs id”

2 Likes

Bizarre–thanks. I had no idea I did that; will correct.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.