/v1/taxa/autocomplete returning results without requested ranks

Related to the similar issue I found with /v1/taxa/autocomplete and ancestor_ids, this search returns the Rudbeckia genus which was not requested as well as the 3 section records that were requested:


I’m working around both problems for now by consistency checking the records and giving any that don’t meet the criteria a negative score, which then drops them from the result set entirely.

Removing autocomplete gets the expected result:


And using an incomplete term also produces the expected result:


It seems that exact matches are somehow treated differently when using autocomplete.

1 Like

Thanks for that insight.

I think this should be fixed now. Exact matches weren’t recognizing some of the recent taxon autocomplete parameters

1 Like

I have removed my workaround and this one is working now. Thanks.