What Are the Funniest Comments on the Forum?

I am sure plenty of users have gotten a laugh or two from some comments on the iNaturalist Forum. However, I have noticed that there is no topic to aggregate the hilarity. So, let me start the chain of laughs (also, make sure the comments are appropriate) …

For me, the funniest comment comes from Accuracy circle can be dragged separately from the pin when editing an observation’s location, where I noticed that @bouteloua made comment about the ludicrous number of decimal places for the Accuracy Circle.

And then conversation went like this…

:rofl:

5 Likes

There was a comment about “attack kangaroos” found this forum about an iNaturalist research project: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/inaturalist-research-project-fall-2020/19303/4

2 Likes

This absolute gem of a reply
https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/multiple-use-of-the-same-common-name/15742/10

And this is exactly why I try to avoid the use of common names like the plague.

You mean, you avoid them like Yersinia pestis?

24 Likes

A couple of days ago there was a glitch, and people were unable to access ‘Identification’ etc. ( iNat down? Pages all incomplete - General - iNaturalist Community Forum)
bjorn2 posted “Aye, I’m getting the same as all the other folks. If I cant ID stuff, what am I supposed to do at work all day?”

16 Likes

Thank you for sharing this intyrely_eco! And to whoever wrote it. Had to put my next mouthful of dinner on hold until I was sure I wasnt going to start laughing uncontrollably again. And thanks for the thread…worth it for this one alone!

3 Likes

If observations count, this one should be here - Spotted Tussock Moth (Lophocampa maculata) from Green Moss Ln, Regina, SK, CA on August 27, 2018 at 11:32 AM by Hannah Calibaba · iNaturalist.ca

3 Likes

No, actually I thought it was just beginning, but…,as I said…worth it for that one alone!

2 Likes

@gcsnelling owns 70% of that setup comment and punchline. Credit where it’s due.

1 Like

Thanks. I had a look at his profile then a thread about names linked to it, but didn’t come across this exchange.

1 Like

This was pretty funny.

8 Likes

Let’s not overlook this thread:
Nature inspired comics

This is what hooked me into being a Forum user.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.