What is the one thing you wish you could do on iNaturalist?

All, after some discussion among the Forum Moderators, we have decided that your wishes and ideas would be better served if we closed this topic, and instead redirected everyone to:

• General Topics (Discussion or questions about iNaturalist and how it works. How can I do X? Is it possible to do Y? etc.), or
  • Feature Requests (Please add/modify this capability on iNaturalist)

Be sure to search existing topics first before posting a new one, to make sure something hasn’t already been discussed or requested. If it has, please join in there instead. But otherwise, please feel free to start new topics for the ideas already brought up in this thread.

That will help to better organize your thoughts and ideas, and prevent them from getting lost in a topic like this thread, which is going in so many different directions at once.

Just to round out the other possible categories for your posts:

• Bug Reports (iNaturalist isn’t working right, and I’m pretty sure it isn’t my computer/browser/phone)
  • Forum Feedback (the Forum isn’t working right, questions about how the Forum works, etc.)
  • Tutorials (I’ve learned how to do this useful thing in iNaturalist, and here’s how) – check existing Tutorial topics for the kind of content that fits there
  • iNaturalist.org (Please help me identify this. Species is missing. Species name or other information is wrong. Identification is wrong.) - for these issues, post or identify an observation, or flag a taxon for curation
  • iNaturalist.org journal (each user has their own!) - I saw this neat organism here yesterday. Please join me for this upcoming get-together. My recent trip to the Galapagos Islands. etc.
  • Nature Talk - nature-related topics not directly related to iNaturalist or to any of the other categories above.

Thank you all for keeping the great ideas and discussion going in our community, and for helping us to keep it all well-focused on the Forum.

4 Likes