What's your birthday species?

Go to inaturalist.

Type www.inaturalist.org/observations into the address bar

After the / enter your birthday in the format DDMMYYYY

What’s your birthday species?

Mine is a banded pennant (Celithemis fasciata) observed in Jackson County, Mississippi, USA.

3 Likes

Two-striped Grasshopper (Melanoplus bivittatus) in Colorado

Mine is not a cool one. (
Campanula giesekiana from Ontario, Canada.

1 Like

Huh, mine returned a different date, 03-08-2018 instead of 15-08-2020 (clearly, my birth year would not be represented - far, far too old for iNat obs).
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/15082020

White-shouldered house moth with no photo ;(
But then I typed it as MMDDYY and got an Eastern Cicada-killer Wasp O_0

sanderling in Texas
and your variant an endangered Hawaiian raspberry!

1 Like

Search mole…:(

1 Like

At the top of the list for my date was a Ragged Sea Hare.

OP idea is that you post your date as part of url, like a number of observation.

3 Likes

You are entering the observation number, not the date of the observation. So you can put your birth year and it will come up with an observation.

2 Likes

Maybe the number is too high? Try MMDDYYYY instead

Bummer that they didn’t have a photo, but if you look up the species, it’s a pretty flower.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try to do that later when I have access to a desktop computer. My critter literacy is better at times than my computer literacy.

1 Like

Red huckleberry. That’s cool, I like huckleberries.

1 Like

I got invasive Creeping Thistle, which is lame, so I switched to my usual preference of MMDDYYYY and got an unidentified Ceanothus in California. That works! Always excited for plants I haven’t met yet!

2 Likes

Nope, not too high, just a missing observation!

I got this: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/120607
A terrible photo but Research Grade observation of an endemic species so… still cool.

Edit: I did DD/MM/YY instead. For DD/MM/YYYY I get this, which seems a lot less interesting (Casual Virginia Creeper).

you arent alone, i got mole too :confused:

btw now we know the birthdays of some repliers to celebrate :) isnt it a bit personal info to share?

2 Likes

If it makes you feel better, I worked where it was seen in summers as a teen, and it’s a cool place with a pretty unique biota for Canada.

2 Likes

I thought so. OP didn’t ask for a link which would be the easy way to see someone’s birth date. If someone were really motivated though they could figure it out using info from the screenshot.

1 Like