Who should sign off on 'as good as it gets'?

I’d recommend to use your second hand in shots more, it’s making focusing ten times easier, some don’t like hands in the frame (and honestly you can focus first and then get your hand away), but it not only helps with focus, but bright background helps saturating small details needed for id like small hairs, plus imo it adds personal connection to this particular plant and later over years seeing your own hand in the frame helps realising it was a real event.) And sure, photograph everything you want, tons of winter plants are perfectly idable, even if it’s a bare stalk, so do it!

6 Likes

I’ve just started using it more liberally with turtles.

I’m not great at turtles, but there’s so many blurry shots of a kind of sort of visible shell underwater with the barest part of a nose peeking out that yeah, not ID’ing. And it takes upa lot of time for people working on a backlog to keep running into them. Ditto a lot of partial snake sheds; it’s just not possible really ID a snake from a few inches of the ventral shed skin

1 Like

mark as reviewed and move on

4 Likes

yeah please just mark as reviewed and move on unless you are absolutely certain they can’t be identified to the level the other person did. iNat just isn’t a place to harass others for taking non diagnostic photos.

As for who should sign off on ‘as good as it gets’ I think only James L Brooks can do that.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119822/

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.