Why does CV give different suggestions on the mobile app than on the website?

both. i can’t reproduce either situation.

it’s worth noting that location on your latest observation is a bit different than your previous observations, and that creates a situation where the initial suggestions i get on the app get show E. californica first, but then if i click the “include suggestions not seen nearby” button, i get E. caespitosa first. (on the web, E. californica shows up first regardless of whether suggestions include not seen nearby or not.) so there’s a slight difference here, but it’s not the same thing as what you’re reporting.

see https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/app-crashes-in-explore/23889/3. you can also send your original version of the image in the same e-mail, and maybe that will help someone figure things out.

that said, i still strongly suggest that you capture your exact process as a video. troubleshooting this kind of thing probably isn’t exactly the highest priority thing. so if you can actually show some strangeness occurring without someone having to spend the time to try to reproduce the issue (which, again, i can’t reproduce), that’s probably going to increase the chances that a developer will actually sit down to try to troubleshoot.