Why is this casual?

Hi,

I was not sure whether I should post it here, because I am aware that I might just miss something… but I actually think this might be a bug?

Some IDers vote observations to a certain genus that cannot be further identified… so we mark “good as it can be” to clear those observations from “needs ID”… but now we ran into one observation where this DQA turns the observation to casual and I dont get why. Other observations with exactly the same setup (even same observer) went to RG like expected.

Do I miss something or is this a bug?

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/41337069#activity_comment_45ed1499-d07c-49be-a6f6-ee2b2333adb8

Thanks!

1 Like

Ok weird… now that Kevin has added his vote as well it works. But we did have the same setup (one wrong vote, 3 right ones) all the time and never had problems before… strange

1 Like

It is now RG. I just wanted to make a screenshot of the reason - when it became reversed.
The community taxon was on ‘Entelegynae’, despite 3 votes on genus level. The next vote however solved the issue

3 Likes

What happens if one of you removes the ID again? I’d expect it stays on RG, maybe it was just some indexing bug

I’ve seen this happen elsewhere. Most of the time withdrawing an ID and then putting it back fixes the problem.

3 Likes

I tried, it stayed RG

1 Like

so, case can be closed :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like