You know you're seriously into iNat when

You are five minutes late to your doctor’s appointment because you were photographing the bugs in the parking lot.

13 Likes

Yes, they’re swarming here too! Got a really good photo (for me) of a mated pair.

2 Likes

YES!!! and Charley’s art! If this was what people meant by fantasy draft whatevers, I’d be so down.

1 Like

You figured out you had this problem a while ago so now regular appointments are arrived at 5-10 minutes early to check for insects at lights, make a bird list and freak out all the other people at the office :)

You wonder how long it will be for someone who is even more seriously into iNat to upload a virus observation of phlegm and list it as “sign” for covid-19.

you spent time thinking about the last one…seriously, some time.

8 Likes

Several other people have been thinking about it too. ;-) https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/cheer-up-those-stuck-at-home-because-of-coronavirus-identify-their-observations/10670

5 Likes

…you wait for 3 hours under the hot sun to wait for a butterfly to come out so you can take its picture

13 Likes

They’ve done it!!! https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/40612599 :-):-):-)

2 Likes

I disagree with your doctor. Brisk walking may have cardio benefits that slow walking does not, but since getting into nature walks in a big way about two years ago I can tell you my leg muscles are in the best shape of my life–and I recently turned 60! Just get a little faster walking, jogging or other cardio exercise in somewhere, preferable in a gym or an urban area where there are few distractions.

3 Likes

when you governor instates a stay-at-home executive order to contain COVID-19 and you say “Try me, I’m going iNat-ing.”

3 Likes

It’s important to follow the government and health authority directions. If you can go iNatting and still comply with those directives, then yes…

Perhaps the “seriously into” is ringing the helpline to clarify that iNatting is an “Essential Service” or perhaps “Necessary for personal wellbeing”

11 Likes
8 Likes

When there’re 20+ flies on the building wall and you understand you have to id them all.

13 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Following local restrictions/ safely iNatting during COVID 19

Drat! I cleaned the fridge last week because I was bored out of my mind. I should’ve photographed some of those “science projects” in the back of the shelf.

5 Likes

People you barely know introduce you to their friends as a “walking encyclopedia”.

8 Likes

You hold off on throwing things away specifically so you can watch the mold form and iNat it!

6 Likes

I keep trying to do that but either my mother or sister throw it out while I’m at work! :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

When is your birthday?
“I want a mini fridge, and for everyone to put the bad food in there instead of throwing it out.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :laughing:

7 Likes

you agree and raise @star3 to, “I want a mini-fridge and freezer, for insects and seeds and a dedicated space for science experiments!” cries of, “Ahhh, wait those aren’t frozen fruit!” a thing of the past.

6 Likes

you’ve got ~78K IDs in the past 13 months

9 Likes