You know you're seriously into iNat when

:joy: hello

2 Likes

… you go for a “quick” walk while on vacation/holiday and make only a “few” observations… only to realize later that what felt like 20 minutes and 5 observations was 60 minutes and 20 observations.

8 Likes

When a heat wave hits your area and you’re more worried about local insect populations than yourself. I haven’t seen as many moths lately, I hope they’re doing okay… At least I have air conditioning!

4 Likes

Yeah last summer we adopted a very feisty seven-legged bronze hopper (Helpis minitabunda) we saw around the house from time to time and called him Seven (of course).

4 Likes

It’s my only one too

2 Likes

… you purchase a new phone based solely on zoom photo quality & GPS accuracy.

5 Likes

Same! Who needs social media when you have iNat?

3 Likes

New one… at work at the fire station trying to get a photo of a grey bird grasshopper but the tones drop so you have to leave for a call… and your chief sends you a photo saying “here is the grasshopper you were chasing”

13 Likes

When you expect payment from moths as their bodyguard after following them for many minutes, waiting to see them finally sit somewhere!

3 Likes

I’ve been a member for less than a month but I’ve already noticed that at the end of the day I’m only at about half my former step count!

It’s like the ‘slow food’ movement. Suddenly, walking slowly is just so much more interesting.

3 Likes