You know you're seriously into iNat when

Have you done the same for the family photo albums yet?

6 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that! Yay! A winter project for the first one that says “ I’m bored”!!

5 Likes

Funny you mention that. I was going through old photos with my dad and in the outdoors photos, I kept looking in the background for any plants or animals. iNat has really changed how I look at pictures!

3 Likes

Yes to the mosquito! Deer flies, too. :-)

Working on it. I know I have a crappy but identifiable picture of a pronghorn from a few years ago floating around somewhere

1 Like

When you have more new years resolutions then ever before and most of them are nature related!

11 Likes

How are ants in XPL? I’m tempted to do this so badly lol.

Just joined the project. I have so many observations from the abandoned Longhorn Army Ammunition Plant, which is now Caddo Lake Wildlife Refuge. It still has a lot of creepy ruins.

3 Likes

when you realize that as long as you mark them as casual, you can post photos of the authentic museum specimens of prehistoric species and give your species count a boost.

3 Likes

Everyday I resist the temptation

3 Likes

10 students from your high school download Inat because they want to be like you…but they post humans and dogs.

8 Likes

look how excited @sambiology is about iNat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjJRXyTzBYQ&t=80.

9 Likes

why limit it to your specialty? There’s so many random cool bugs in those places!

2 Likes

Old photos: Yup! Just this morning I was looking at photos from old trips, and came across a treasure trove of potential observations. I got very excited! I saved them to an “album” called “Add to iNat”, so I can find them again, to post later.
Now if only I had a way to digitize old slides, from all those trips from decades ago. I just might have to break down and buy a slide scanner, one of these days…

2 Likes

Check with your local library and museums, some of them may have equipment that you can borrow or use on-site.

3 Likes