Add descriptions attached to individual photos

The ability to describe the details of a particular photo could be a very helpful way to avoid confusion for other identifiers.

I agree! I usually just list my descriptions in the order that the photos appear, but the ability to explicitly caption the photos would be really awesome.

C

2 Likes

That is a great suggestion, it would be somewhat nice in the case of detailed pictures (higher magnification pictures of a certain character in a specific view) or pictures highlighting a certain character of the individual

1 Like

Often I read the “description” text without actually looking at all the pictures. If that text were buried in the pictures, I wouldn’t see it by looking at the description. Just an alternate view. I do like the idea of annotating the pictures with arrows, circles, etc.

3 Likes

I think captions on photos is a great idea, being able to label as lateral view, dorsal, eyefield etc…

This is already being considered with a photo annotations/photo type functionality so I’m going to close this topic. Here is a topic for photo annotations ideas: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/photo-annotations/937

1 Like