Add tags and annotations in the mobile app

When will annotations be coming to the iOS app? As an ecologist, I think there’s a lot of power in the plant phenology annotations – if only they were mostly complete! Right now it falls to good souls on Android/Web to annotate other people’s observations for them.

The other day, I was trying to help someone who uses the Apple app. I suggested he make abbreviated annotations in the note section [e.g., A, O, L, CBD = Alive, Organism, Larva, Cannot Be Determined]. Perhaps if that became somewhat of a standard practice, IDers could add the annotations for the observer.

2 Likes

The iOS app is currently being totally rebuilt and is expected to be available next spring, I believe. No new features are being added to the existing one.

any progress on this?

No, we’ve just been focusing on building the new mobile app.

I’m going to close this. There are no plans to extend tags to the mobile app. The Android app has annotation functionality, and annotations won’t be added to iOS. We can revisit when the new iNat mobile app is created, although annotations are certainly under consideration for it.

1 Like